Business Development manager - Marketing agency
Foresight Associates have the pleasure of working with a successful marketing agency with a great reputation in creating enduring ideas for brands with a challenger mindset.
They are experts in building brands with a challenger
Mindset and they take brands in new directions; helping them think differently from the market leaders and maximise new opportunities.
Their work reinvigorates and revolutionises brands, builds a challenger culture, creates visions for the future and engages audience
The agency is now looking for a Business Development manager to join their team.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying new
opportunities for new business that are reflective of the broadening
proposition and capabilities of the agency.
This will be achieved through a combination of pro-active self-initiated lead generation and management of external partners all using bespoke agency content that drive an informed and intelligent approach.
In addition, the role will support the drive for revenue by supporting
the development and actioning of client development campaigns working
closely with the Managing Partner and the Account Leads.
Success in this role will be indicated by the achievement of revenue and GP targets arising from primarily hunted but also inbound new business.
• Pro-active and justified selection of target sectors
• Creation and pro-active management of intelligently constructed
• Strategic based creation of business development scripts and approaches
• Pro-active cold calling to defined prospects using agreed positioning
• Inspiring confidence among prospects for the agency’s capabilities
and cultural match
• Creation of prospect landscapes - org charts, key sector and brand
specific challenges, team movements etc
• Creation of client engagement assets eg creds, case studies etc
• Brief mining and securing pitch list opportunities for the agency
• Pre-meeting briefing of senior stakeholders in advance of meetings /
• Managing the transition of pitches from brief to response with
the agency resource allocated to a project
• Maintaining a KIT strategy for all warm leads
• Support the Managing Partner and ADs with client development
programmes and initiatives
• Host the weekly business development meeting clearly allocating
actions to individuals and holding the to account for these
• Contribution to the weekly project commercial pipeline updates
• Management of the agency’s contact and prospect databases
for all relevant marketing and promotional purposes
• Supporting the senior team as required to create, distribute and
leverage the agency’s comms materials
3rd Party Management
• Manage the regular flow of content into intermediary partners -
currently Creative Brief
• Develop positive relationship with intermediaries to ensure that ALB is
front of mind for all media, comms and in particular client
Key Skills and Experience Required
• 3 years + in a commercially and service driven business development
• Pro-active and confident in human engagement with ability
to work in team scenarios
• Extensive process management experience
• Proven ability to deliver against set tasks in logical manner
• Ability to engage with and influence seniors, peers and juniors through
negotiation and persuasion and communicate an increasingly
• Proven capacity to inspire confidence from internal stakeholders.
• Ability to activate and follow agency process, suggesting
improvements where applicable