The Communications Specialist is a newly created role to work as part of a growing Marketing department for a leading utilities business based in Manchester.
The role is responsible for the strategic development and deliver of effective internal and customer communications plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a leading utilities business based in Manchester with an international presence.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering both the internal communications and customer communications strategy and plan
- Deliver the annual programme of internal communications activities eg newsletters, events, team briefs
- Provide internal communications advice to Management and senior colleagues
- Ensure all corporate internal communications and customer communication touch points are on brand and on message
- Measure the impact of internal communication
- Continuously review and improve the existing customer correspondence
- Developing and running customer engagement communication campaigns
- Partner with HR to develop and communicate a clear employee value proposition
- Work with the Digital Manager and Marketing manager to draft content/copy for the website and other marketing collateral
The Communications Specialist will have:
- Relevant experience in a marketing and / or communications role within a commercial environment
- Experience of both internal and external communications using a variety of channels
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic and operational communications plans
- Good knowledge of tracking and evaluation methods of internal and external communications
- Knowledge of employee engagement theory and best practise internal communications
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of using SharePoint would be advantageous
Salary up to £30,000 depending on the level of experience.