Payroll and Reward Manager
My client is a long standing, prestigious service provider based in Newcastle City Centre that is looking for an enthusiastic Payroll and Reward Manager.
The aim of this role is to be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of the payroll, pension and benefit provision. (Around 400 employees).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Ensure accuracy, completeness and timely provision of the monthly payroll
· Lead on the implementation and delivery of external legislative changes. Eg. HMRC tax changes, auto-enrolment and gender pay reporting.
· Establish and develop systems (including IT systems)
· Support the Director of HR to develop and manage the pay and reward strategy.
· Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and comply with the minimum legal requirements, employment or otherwise.
· Ensure the integrated HR and Payroll system is seamless and efficient and liaise with third party provider to continually improve system functionality.
· Management of third part relationships including but not limited to pension and flexible benefit providers including reviewing management data to support ROI.
· Manage, co-ordinate and develop payroll systems, practices and processes to ensure the accurate processing of all pay related data.
· Responsibility for the accurate completion of all external returns and statutory requirements. Eg- year end returns, P11d’s, PSA, pension and auto-enrolment.
· Prepare monthly payroll reports to provide high level analysis of people costs and monitor trends.
· Conduct regular audits to ensure payroll, reward and systems are robust, accurate and mitigate risk.
Education, experience and skills required include:
Extensive payroll, pension, benefit and system experience including auto-enrolment.
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
Fantastic communication skills.
Experience of P11D and PSA reporting.
Extensive knowledge of UK tax and benefit legislation and requirements.
Demonstrable working knowledge of existing and forthcoming payroll, pension and benefit legislation.
IT literate- proficient use of Microsoft Office and HR and payroll systems.
Experience implementing HR and payroll systems, is desirable.
If you are a payroll professional and looking for an opportunity to join a well established organisation- this is it. Based in impressive offices, in a lovely team with a lot to be involved in, this would be a great opportunity for the right person. If this is of interest, please send an updated CV now.