Demob Job Reference: j2956
Job Title: Tyre Fitter
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: OTE £25,000 - £28,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading global manufacturer of products within their industry; they supply their products to over 150 countries. Due to continued expansion they now have a requirement for a Tyre Fitter in Colchester, Essex. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will provide relief cover to customer sites in Essex and will carry out tyre maintenance/husbandry to customer’s fleet vehicles, ensuring the maximum use of tyres and protecting the company interest at all times.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company, and although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the armed forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF), ideally with experience of carrying out maintenance, repairs and replacement of tyres.
- Prioritise and manage the workloads within your designated area.
- Remove and fit wheel assemblies to commercial vehicles.
- Remove & fit tyres from commercial wheel rims.
- Re-groove commercial tyres to the highest standard.
- Carry out minor repair to tyres to BS-159.
- Carry out tyre inspections.
- Work within a team environment.
- Control and monitor casings in the field, ensuring that casings are effectively managed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
- The candidate will have commercial tyre fitting experience
- Flexible working style.
- Good IT skills- training will be provided.
- Clear attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise work and be effective under pressure.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Team player with the ability to work using own initiative.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
- OTE £25,000 - £28,000.
- Monday to Friday - 37½ hours, 6am - 2pm with flexibility around the candidate.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
- Company Van, Mobile Phone.
- Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Private Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan.
- Tyre discounts, discount with Vehicle Manufacturers.
- Employee discounts with Merlin Entertainments and Selected O2 products and services.
- Education support, development and training.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Various other benefits.
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company.