Specialist Support Worker BLUS46211
Our client is recruiting for Specialist Community Support Workers to join the team at Ashness in Breighmet, Bolton. Ashness houses 5 adults with high level needs of support who are cared for on a one to one or two to one basis.
The aim of the service is to provide extensive care, specialist positive behaviour support and promote independence and inclusion within the local community, in order to empower the service users to take control of their own lives. The main focus is to provide the highest level of support in order to enable greater independence, choice and fulfilment for the service users.
You will join an excellent team of support workers, seniors and additional therapy and care. This is a full time position 37.5 hours per week plus sleeps (approx 3 per month) Monday to Sunday 24/7.
Your main responsibilities will include;
• Encouraging and involving your residents in day to day activities, participating in service users’ chosen activities and enhancing community networks.
• To facilitate and support your person to make all decisions affecting their life.
• To support your service user to maintain their health and general well being.
• To support your service user with personal care as required.
• To carry out household duties, in a way that involves the person as much as possible.
• To handle challenging behaviour in the correct way ensuring safeguarding at all times.
• To support the service user to plan social activities and holidays and to accompany the service user when required.
• To maintain records as required by the service and service user.
• To make a positive difference every day!
The ideal candidate will have experience in care and support, working in partnership with your service user ensuring your relationship is based on trust and respect, helping with personal care and support and encourage them with what they want to do. You will work well as part of a team and fully understand safeguarding and the protection of vulnerable adults. You will understand that care is 24/7 including overnight stays. If you can’t commit to this, please check out their relief/bank roles.
In return for your hard work and dedication they offer great benefits including;
• Childcare Vouchers
• Pension scheme and death in service
• Excellent training program with recognised qualifications
• Great support network
• Career progression.
Our client provides a range of social care, special education, community support and consultancy services in the North West of England. The charity is one of the North West’s largest providers of residential homes for children from short-term emergency care to long-term placements.
Their fostering service provides family placements in the North West and neighbouring regions. They provide some of the leading specialist education services in the North West region, operating a range of special schools, a further education college and centres supporting those who cannot attend mainstream schools. In addition, they offer a wide range of training, consultancy and support services for parents and carers.
The successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory reference and DBS checks. Apply today for an immediate interview!
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.