LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
REPORTING TO: C.O.O
The company is a leading UK life sciences staffing business with turnover of £20million. We provide a range of staffing services to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Devices and Not for Profit organisations. The company is expanding rapidly in the UK, Europe and most recently has started operating in the USA. There are future plans to open offices in Asia.
The business is a UK subsidiary of a highly successful, pan European staffing business with a turnover of circa €500 million.
The Finance Manager role is a pivotal role in the business and offers the right candidate an excellent career opportunity to grow within a highly successful business. The company is part of a large Plc so there are additional requirements around reporting and budgeting within a listed company.
The successful candidate will ideally be ACCA or CIMA qualified and will have experience within a staffing company or service company. Applicants still studying ACCA or CIMA will be considered.
The role will also involve managing a team of 5 direct reports.
- Supervising the day to day running of accounts department
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Reporting financial information to Group Financial Controller
- Overseeing payroll, completing commission calculations and reviewing pension submission
- Preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with auditors
- Monthly forecasting and annual budgeting within a Plc
- Manage team of trainee accountants including regular reviews
- Reviewing bank payments for authorization
- Reviewing VAT returns and interstat reports
- Production of monthly KPIs to support the effective running of the business
- Working with the parent company to implement the automation of the many of the month end activities
- Liaising with Group to deal with ad hoc queries
- Overseeing bank reconciliation of Sterling, Euro and other currency accounts on a weekly basis
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines is essential
CANDIDATE COMPETENCY/EXPERIENCE PROFILE
- Degree level qualified
- ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Experience in a staffing or service company is essential
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of Sage or Safe or another similar accountancy package
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Target bonus of 15%
- Funded training package to support ongoing CIPD
- Excellent/friendly working environment
- Gym membership paid by Clinical Professionals
- Free breakfast
- Attractive pension
- Private health for employee and dependants
- Life assurance cover
- Dental cover