Graduate in Accounts or Finance
MPI have a requirement for a Graduate in Accounts or Finance with SAP Exp to work in Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 6BS
Rate of pay is negotiable dependant on experience to be discussed at time of application.
Approx 6 month contract (Applicants must prepared to stay for the duration)
Applicants must have Advanced use of Excel, Access and SAP Attention to detail and drive to get the job done accurately and in a timely manner Driven to improve processes and streamline processes rather than just continue doing existing processes.
General Job Description:
Reporting to the Head of Reporting, supporting all aspects of Business Unit (BU) financial reporting.
This will include:-
- Financial transactions for UKMA as required including maintaining fixed asset register, balance sheet reconciliation, intercompany management and investigation.
- Supporting submission of Group reporting on behalf of the Business Unit including monthly accounts, budgets, forecasts and strategic plans.
- Business model development and review - for all aspects of reporting and forecasting, including variance analysis
- Liaising with the Group finance team in Group reporting matters, including additional reporting requirements for half year and year end periods.
- Supporting preparation of statutory accounts, tax packs and group submissions
- Interfacing with external auditors, including management of deliverables and other ad hoc audit requirements
- Providing support to the Finance Director and Head of Reporting in all ad hoc analysis requests (including providing input into technical accounting papers as and when required).
Security Criteria to be achieved:
- MOD SC Security clearance.
- Other security clearances as contracts demand.
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
- Month end financial transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial reporting
- Full balance sheet reconciliation and review with all exceptions highlighted and fully understood
- Full understanding of SAP structure and implications of changes implemented
- Ensuring compliance with Group Finance policies and procedures (including initial review and challenge of internal audit questionnaires as completed by the BU’s)
- Input into monthly accounts and budgets for presentation to the Head of Reporting prior to review by the senior finance team
- Ad-hoc BU reporting, including responding to Group on urgent technical queries arising in respect of BU submissions.
- Ensuring the completeness of response to the external auditors in respect of audit deliverables
- Year end audit packs, tax packs and other Group reporting requirements.
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.
- UKMA financial transactions for accurate and complete reporting
- Support the provision of up to date SAP system representing current business and contract structures
- Support the control of SAP master data structures
- Accurate DOA that is up to date and timely
- GRNI reviews and balance understanding
- SME for SAP within UKMA
- Production/processing of accounting inputs to the management accounts, budgets and forecasts, including liaison with Business Unit finance stakeholders.
- Support of timely and technically accurate statutory reporting, meeting Group signing deadlines and other filing requirements.
- Advising on the use of projects and sales orders to best represent contracts and overhead areas
- Short term cashflow production.
- Close liaison with external auditors to ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables requests during the half year and full year audit processes, as well as additional audit deliverables during the local statutory accounts process and presentations for the Business Unit Finance Director and subsequent submission to Group.
- Production of order book reports to support all analysis, pipeline, bids and aging of existing book.
- Support of year end audit packs, tax packs and other Group reporting requirements.
- Supporting balance sheet account reconciliations.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) - D
- Experience of audit and statutory accounts processes, gained through professional practice - E
- Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge, including IFRS and UK GAAP - E
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review. - E
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.- E
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting. - E
Skills & Competencies
Key Technical Skills / competencies
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook. - Essential
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP, Navision, IFS etc.) - Essential
- Proven track record on the Cognos Reporting system or a similar application.- Essential
Key Leadership & People Management skills
Effective matrix management of the customers of the service and the other functional units within the Finance team. - Desirable
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to engage effectively with all stakeholders.
- Adopts a customer-centric approach to delivery of service.
- Ability to foster an organisational culture that is positive about change and committed to delivery of business objectives.
- A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively
Mental/Analytical Skills & ChallengesAbility to identify