Area Sales Executive (Midlands)
They are the largest independent industrial coatings manufacturer in the UK. They also have operations in China, Turkey, Singapore and Nigeria.
Over the past 100 years they have built a reputation for high quality and customer service to become a major force in the UK and worldwide industrial coatings market.
- Base salary of £28,000 to £30,000 p.a.•
- Bonus scheme based on generation of new business, which could take O.T.E. to in excess of £40,000 p.a.
- Company Car
- 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Custom training package available
The requirement is for an Area Sales Executive covering the Midlands area who can demonstrate an enthusiastic yet structured approach to the role. The successful candidate will be expected to manage an existing range of customers in a defined territory as well as developing business in target markets.
The majority of business is conducted with end users, which can range in size from smaller, owner managed businesses to larger, global enterprises where key account management techniques are required. Additionally, the company also routes sales through a network of industrial distributors to service smaller, infrequent customers and it is important that a collaborative relationship is fostered.
Essentially, the role is field based but the company requires a regular stream of information and reports (in an agreed format) and periodic attendance at sales and training meetings. In the normal course events face-to-face meetings with personnel across all functions will be necessary.
The drive is toward solution based selling and heavy emphasis is placed on matching technical
Benefits / attributes of products to customer requirements. The involvement of both laboratory and dedicated service technical personal is available in support of the selling process.
- Graduate level with some experience in a commercial or sales role.
- Driving licence
- Self motivated and an ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Numerate with a working knowledge of Excel (or similar)
- Adaptable personality able to operate at all levels
Desirable (not essential)
• Experience in selling in a chemical, coating or related industry
• Residing within the designated territory
• Knowledge of the industrial coating market and the dynamics within