Working in partnership with Cherry Professional, our client are an acquisitive and ambitious UK arm of a global player. The business has willingness and capacity to support commercial opportunities, and is highly focused in its drive for efficiency in order to succeed in a competitive marketplace. The business is populated by professional, high quality people, is forward looking and can offer excellent scope for career progression and diversification. The environment is challenging, dynamic, and full of opportunities for personal development.
The role of Commercial Controller takes on a relatively challenging and/or complex portfolio and focuses on understanding the business and its drivers, what needs to be accomplished, planning action to deliver these goals, getting the right people to the discussion table and driving focus from senior stakeholders in achieving proactive and cost-effective management of the business.
* Apply your commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results, considering both the short and long term.
* Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported. * Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
* Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
* Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting and group reporting). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
* Proactively drive continuous end to end improvement in the department to ensure both financial accuracy and correct customer outcome.
* Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
* Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
Who are we are looking for…
Preferably a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
A commercial minded business person as much as an accountant.
A clear track record in proactively supporting good financial and cost management.
Experience of the development and re-structuring of large teams
Must have a clear track record of delivering change management programmes (i.e offshoring, major restructures etc)
A positive, resilient, organised and energetic character who is passionate about delivering a high quality output.
The ability to communicate confidently and concisely in a way with engages the audience and achieves buy-in.
Experienced at influencing decisions at Senior Executive level.
Confident in using Excel to analyse large data sets and convert into concise MI that tells an accurate story.
What's on offer…
Up to £85,000 + Car Allowance
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client