Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
£35k + commission & performance bonuses
Due to continued growth plans, our client is recruiting a Business Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active, forward thinking, commercially focused sales manager who would like to help assist with the development of the business through designing and delivering a new business plan for one of the North East’s largest digital marketing agencies.
Purpose of the role:
To pro-actively deliver an effective business development plan, in line with the agency's commercial strategy, that successfully engages, builds relationships with and acquires new clients in a target market.
As a Business Development Manager, it will be your responsibility to deliver effective sales activity that successfully engages prospects in a core target market.
Your role will include the following:
• Develop and deliver a new business development plan that will achieve monthly and quarterly new business targets, to assist with the company’s strategic growth plan.
• Identify, appraise, pursue and close new business opportunities in specific industry sectors.
• Achieve agreed KPIs relating to activity to develop personal and company sales pipeline
• Establish new business relationships through contact via telephone, email and direct mail to both cold and warm leads.
• Deliver effective face to face and telephone communication, including setting up and delivering prospect meetings and closing new business opportunities
• Deliver new business pitches and online sales presentations to potential clients.
• Develop a personal network of business contacts including a database of suitable leads and potential new business contacts.
• Develop robust and accurate proposal & contract documentation as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Very pro-active with a real drive to deliver results and comfortable working to targets
• Forward thinking, always looking to improve delivery
• Commercially focused application
• Strong organisation skills
• Be able to work effectively alone and as part of a team
• Able to create opportunities, develop and close opportunities
• Strong communication and engagement skills
• Creative problem solver
• Effective organisational skills
• Demonstrate initiative
• A passion and determined attitude to develop knowledge and skills.
• Hold confident interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability portray a strong professional image.
The following experience would be preferred:
• 3 year+ experience of working in a business development manager (or equivalent level) role
• Experience of selling into marketing personnel up to Director level
If you think this may be an opportunity for you please do not hesitate to contact us now for more details.