Head of Operations & Fraud Prevention - E-Commerce - Bangkok
*Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand - you must be willing to relocate if successful - full relocation and visa sponsorship provided*
Headquartered in Asia, our client is one of the world's largest online ecommerce platforms. Their web and mobile products are in 38 languages.
They employ over 3,500 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department - from finance, IT to customer services - they provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter.
The goal of the Head of Operations & Fraud Detection is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent behavior across the entire business globally. Continuous improvement on detection and response capabilities is key.
Taking a big picture approach, you will provide operational strategy and direction to ensure all possible fraudulent activities at all levels within the business, both internal and external risks are mitigated by working with key stakeholders across all departments to ensure compliance and highlight any potential risk exposures.
You'll be used to working with teams devising and using the most advanced fraud detection methods (with machine learning/anomaly detection), to stop fraud before it's too late. They will help you achieve your goals by supporting you with a Data Science and Development team to create new fraud detection/prevention tools.
You're creative, and always ready to adjust your strategy to detect any potential fraudsters' latest moves.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Devise strategies to ensure they are able to pinpoint, investigate fraudulent activities across all departments, including payment fraud, employee fraud and external security threats.
- Help establish strategic goals and objectives, ensuring effective systems and processes to achieve expected outcomes.
- Advise and evaluate progress towards goal accomplishments. Participate in the overall annual strategic planning process, collaborating on short and long term strategic initiatives.
- Ensure growth of the company in a manner that mitigates potential fraud, increases profitability, and supports the mission of the organization.
- Exercise discretion and make complex independent decisions.
- Analyze losses and fraud trends, ensuring implementation of new fraud detection strategies, weighing risk versus efficiency.
- Ensure operations policies, procedures, processes, and disclosures meet regulatory requirements and applicable laws.
- Subject Matter Expert for fraud operations product integration into core computer system; ensure analysis and communication regarding new releases, upgrades, and enhancements; recommend new products and services. Oversee troubleshooting and resolution of operations related product issues.
- Prepare monthly narratives accurately reflecting performance of fraud and loss initiatives.
- Review annual budgets and monthly variances to effectively manage operating costs.
- Oversee department audits, ensuring proper understanding of identified issues, correct reporting of findings, and implementing changes to processes, procedures, etc. to address findings.
- Ensure systems are fault-tolerant and self-healing.
- Encourage and drive meaningful innovation.
- Recommend alternative processes to further reduce losses.
- Report into CTO.
- Willing to relocate to Bangkok, Thailand
- Data driven individual, who will feel comfortable dealing with large data sets and used to working with Data Scientists.
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience managing teams of 30-50, ideally within an e-commerce/internet environment.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years overseeing fraud mitigation. Strong background in payment/credit card fraud mitigation.
- Build and manage KPI's.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing strategies for fraud mitigation program excellence, engaging community partners and partnering with the CTO, Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and President/CEO.
- Requires skills in examining, developing, re-engineering, and recommending fraud mitigation policies and procedures.
- Possess strong presentation, communication, coaching skills, and high integrity; ability to demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment, and is team oriented. Communicate vision and concepts of the company in a manner that is effective and clear.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under time constraints to meet project deadlines.
- You will ideally hold an undergraduate degree in Statistics, Business, Data Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Excellent standard of English both written and spoken.
If you bring that unique combination of skills, and want to help protect one of the world's leading ecommerce companies, don't hesitate to apply!