Sales Engineer - OEM
Sales Engineer / Group Sales Manager – Vehicle Parts Manufacturer
Vehicle Manufacturer passenger car
A Group Sales Manager / Sales Engineer– OEM is needed to provide and manage the development of supply life cycle standards to a major global car manufacturing group. This is an exciting opportunity to join a major global tier 1 OEM automotive component manufacturer and assist the development of the trading relationship with a major Vehicle Manufacturer.
Ideal base - Midlands Worcester, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Derby, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Walsall
Basic £40-45k + Car + Medical Insurance + Pension + Benefits
This position is responsible and accountable for the following:-
- Provide commercial service to all manufacturing plants.
- Customer relationship and business growth.
- Engineering change management.
- Cost leadership driving cost excellence the cost controlling.
- Financial accountability managing complex business cases and deliver financial commitment.
- Support Key Account Manager maintaining sales service.
- Marketing and annual sales planning.
- Execute the quarterly and annual price arrangement.
- Create a constructive relationship with the customer have a continued agreeable and achievable commercial plan of action.
- Present new business opportunities to management for approval.
- Support Key Account Management to analyse customer strategy and markets.
- Commercial contact to customer during all phases of the product life cycle.
- Minimum of five years’ experience, preferably within the automotive manufacturing sector or ten years working in a sales environment.
- Independent and be capable to work with autonomy or within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of sales forecasting and planning.
- Knowledge of Capacity Analysis and Operational Planning.
- Automotive market experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Knowledge of SAP R/3 desirable
- Knowledge of 8D and problem solving techniques, PPAP / PSW and Run@Rate, FMEA and ED&T, APQP and Covisint and Achilles.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable education (preferable in mechanical or electromechanical engineering) with strong capabilities to absorb technical information. Master’s degree preferred.
- Professionally presented and smart in appearance
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats. Fluency in English a must, German / Polish preferred but not essential.
- High levels of numeracy combined with attention to detail
- Energetic with high levels of enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Prepared to travel extensively and stay away as appropriate
- Be socially competent and team orientated.
- Flexible approach and attitude towards working challenges
- Good Technical / Engineering or Industrial knowledge / experience
Our client is a global player in the development, manufacture and sales of their product type to major OEM car manufacturers
With global locations they operate on an international scale, this position offers huge scope for a dynamic and professional Sales Engineer looking to exceed performance expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading organisation with an excellent career offering along with comparable remuneration and benefits.
Interested in the position of Sales Engineer– OEM Account Manager? Then please email your current CV to Julian Curtis of Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Established over 18 years Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial Recruitment Agency dealing with successful manufacturers within these sectors.