Senior Management Accountant
FRS Accountancy is currently assisting a niche organisation in their search for a Senior Management Accountant to work within its Finance and Commercial team.
Duties will include:
• Responsibility for the timely production of accurate, transparent and meaningful management accounts for the Services, Complex Care & Corporate trading divisions.
• Analyse and investigate financial information and queries which will frequently be complex in respect of expenditure trends and budget variances.
• Proactive management of budgets through regular meetings with key stakeholders including site managers, Business Managers and Directors.
• To be the first point of contact for all divisional queries and to attend meetings as required supporting business operations.
• Oversight of both revenue and cost recognition within the group in-line with both customer and supplier agreements.
• Assist with the production of month-end board pack.
• To have a thorough understanding of the trading activities of the group including revenue and cost drivers.
• To provide management oversight of the weekly KPI gross margin reporting process.
• Line management responsibility for two Management Accounts Assistants and one Accounts Assistant within the Management Accounts team including carrying out Personal Development Reviews, training/development, interviewing and disciplinary action.
• Assist with the preparation of records for the audit of Statutory Accounts and provide support to the Financial Services team.
• Ensure that monthly financial timetables are adhered to with regard to month-end reporting period and year-end annual accounts process.
• Assist the Financial Controller & Financial Planning Analyst to develop / maintain budgets and forecasts.
• Assist with achievement of cash flow plan.
The successful candidate will be / have:
• A professionally qualified / part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Financial Management role or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and often contentious financial issues effectively with both non-finance and finance staff on a one to one basis or in large groups.
• The ability to develop complex financial data and reports into a format which can be easily understood by all levels and professions within the organisation.
• The ability to advise and listen to budget holders and other senior managers and to develop reports, analysis and advice relevant to them.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation.
• Able to use Excel spreadsheets and a financial ledger system to an advanced, expert level. Complex spreadsheet applications may frequently be developed on behalf of other users.
• The ability to set and negotiate priorities for themselves and others, and subsequently programme workload to achieve results and meet deadlines.