Senior Financial Analyst
Our Client is one of the leading global online panel companies. Working with research, PR, advertising agencies and corporate clients we deliver valuable market insights to help businesses make informed decisions.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to provide financial analytical support, of both a routine and ad hoc nature, to the Financial Controller, Finance Director and the business. The focus will be on accurate and timely analysis, as well as driving process and reporting improvements in the areas of Revenue, Incentives, Sales and Gross Margin business reporting.
* Manage, review and challenge of monthly calculation of revenue (Revenue Recognition process) for the business, required understanding of the revenue recognition process and validation of the calculation.
* Review and investigation of the twice monthly "Won and Done" (W&D) report, used for revenue and gross margin reporting, as well as for sales commission calculation.
* Manage month end process for Revenue & Direct costs - liaising with shared service centre and the management accounting team
* Assist in transition of month end process to shared service centre
* Monthly preparation of the Revenue and Gross Margin analysis report to be used for investigation into client profitability
* Prepare and run Gross Margin reviews with the Sales team and follow up on investigations
* Prepare monthly management reporting pack for the Executive team
* Prepare monthly dashboard reporting to the Sales team
* Assist with the Forecasting and Budgeting process
* Ad hoc queries from the business and business leaders relating to sales, revenue and gross margin
* Identifying, presenting and driving process improvement to increase efficiency of reporting (e.g. use of "The HUB" for making available reports, investigating alternatives to Excel for reporting and analysis)
* Developing knowledge of business systems (Hummingbird) and related business reporting systems, to identify and promote improvements in interface or process.
* Supporting FC with periodic reforecasting and budgeting process.
* To work with FC and other team members to ensure all tasks are covered
* Provide cover for other members of the Financial Analysis team
Candidate Profile / Knowledge and skills required:
* Qualified accountant preferred ACA ACCA or CIMA
* Revenue recognition
* Pipeline analysis
* Previous experience of Maconomy (GL system) and Hummingbird (Sales record tracker) preferred
* Experience across the finance function within a business including exposure to a job costing environment essential
* Excellent excel skills - data manipulation of large volumes of data required (c5,000 active jobs) essential
* Ability to liaise with all levels of the business and deal professionally and in a timely way with business queries required
* Able to manage priorities and adapt quickly to urgent ad-hoc queries
Kantar is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.