Job title: Finance Manager
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 pa OTE plus benefits
Our client is an award-winning company with a track record of impressive growth and fantastic employee recognition and satisfaction. They are now looking to attract the services of a bright and capable Finance Manager to manage the current finance team. Based at their Head Office in central Leamington Spa, you will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance and you can expect support and career development but you will also have a high level of autonomy and discretion. My client is looking for a commercially-astute finance professional who can bring a depth of experience to the role. Your thoughts and Ideas will be listened to, appreciated and (where appropriate) implemented.
Reporting to Head of Finance, you will manage a team of 6 accounts staff and ensure monthly accounting deadlines are met and that the following processes are carried out to the highest standard:
- Monthly Reporting duties for Management Accounts
- Overseeing the Purchase Ledger function (processing site bookwork - approx. 5000 invoices pm - supplier reconciliations)
- Overseeing the sales ledger function
- Ensure that client accounts are reconciled up to trial balance
- Monthly Production of Client Profit and loss Accounts
- Update annual Client Budgets
- Ensure Nominal Code Reconciliations are carried out
- Update / completion department procedures
- Carry out staff meetings / participate in senior management meetings
- Staff Recruitment /Management / Training / Appraisals / Disciplinary
- Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload
- Keeping filing system up to date
- Good systems knowledge required
- Ensure health and safety regulations are observed
- Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AAT qualification (ideally) and, if you are studying CIMA/ACCA, study support will be offered (with conditions).
- You must have a wealth of finance & accounting experience and have managed/supervised finance staff previously.
- A broad knowledge of the typical finance responsibilities (both ledgers, reconciliations, budgets, P&L's, invoicing, taking payments etc.)
- You must have shown longevity in previous employment and demonstrated that you can keep a job for a respectable period of time.
- You must have excellent systems knowledge and be highly competent with Excel. Our client uses Microsoft Dynamics (GP2015) so any experience with that would be viewed very positively.
- You must have a proactive attitude, have the desire to help and support others, be confident and robust to deal with various other departments in the company and be comfortable working in a buzzy and (sometimes) pressured environment, with deadlines.
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply as soon as possible with an updated CV.