Finance Manager £36,000 to £40,000 plus pension and 25 days holiday and flexi -time
Full time or Four days a week
My client is a leading charitable organisation looking for a an experienced individual to head up their finance team in a Finance and Compliance role. You will be responsible for overseeing the preparation of financial and management information to facilitate decision making and also prepare reports for the board. You will also be responsible for developing robust finance management systems across the organisation, this will also cover risk mitigation and risk compliance management.
Reporting into the CEO and Business Development Manager key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing the annual budget
- Preparation of statutory accounts and relevant documentation for the annual audit, facilitate the audit process and follow up actions as and when required
- Advise the Chief Executive and Board on financial matters
- Responsible for the company pension scheme
- Management of the risk register updating in connection with the Board and Chief Executive
- Accountability for all information security management requirements including development and maintenance of information security policies, standards and documentation to compliance requirements.
- Directing the work of the finance and IT team so the support effective delivery and development of the company's strategic and service objectives
Ideally, you will hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CGMA) and have a good track record of working within a medium sized organisation. Previous experience of working in a charity is not essential however it is essential that you have a strong track record in people management and good networking skills. You will also have excellent experience of financial control systems and procedures, knowledge and experience of data protection legislation and information security standards would be ideal but not essential. Excellent organisation. The role can either be carried out on a full time basis or part time four days a week.