SRM Technical Author / Liaison Engineer
Technical Author / Liaison Engineer
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: £28K - £30K per annum + Benefits Scheme
Hours: 37 hours per week, (Overtime available)
dcs-Sonovision consists of passionate, dynamic and quality driven people who come from a wide range of backgrounds including the Aviation, Rail, IT, Financial and Defence industries.
dcs-Sonovision believes that understanding the product is fundamental to creating world class documentation. This approach, and an enthusiasm for new technologies, is what bring our customers back to us time and time again.
We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Author / Liaison Engineer, based in our Bristol office, to expedite the production of Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs) for a major Aerospace manufacturer.
Technical Author / Liaison Engineer - The Role will involve:
- Acting as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) between our production facilities and the Customer.
- Attending face-to-face production meetings at customer facilities.
- Report on scheduling and quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Working with the production team to provide technical guidance and interpretation of provisioned source data.
- Perform quality assurance check's on SRM to ensure the output complies with international and client specific standards.
- Provide overflow support to the AMM and IPC teams.
Technical Author / Liaison Engineer - The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in authoring Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMMs) to the ATA iSpec 2200 and ASD STE100 specifications.
- A working knowledge of SRMs would be a distinct advantage but consideration would be given to applicants with extensive AMM experience.
- A working knowledge of Illustrated Parts Catalogues (IPCs) would be an advantage.
- Competent in task scheduling and expediting.
- Ability to achieve to the highest quality targets working to a comprehensive quality system.
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of source information including verbal and written communication, engineer`s notes, process descriptions, technical drawings, bill of materials and various images including CAD data.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Hold a UK Driver`s License.
Experience in the following roles or similar, an advantage: Technical Author, Technical Writer, Engineering, Liaison Engineer, Engineering Drawings, Technical documentation
Dcs-Sonovision is part of an international technical publications organisation with a strong business vision. Our UK offices in Letchworth & Bristol support a strong customer base which is rapidly growing. We employ an exceptional array of talented individuals responsible for the company`s reputation for excellence within the industry.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.