Finance Analyst Job in Stoke for experienced Analyst. Must have experience of similar environment
Your new company
Hays have worked extensively with this new business venture in the heart of Hanley, Stoke on Trent
Your new role
- Take responsibility for running the monthly wholesale settlement reports and the proactive investigation and resolution of issues.
- Validate the monthly revenues by wholesaler and investigate large variances to forecast including the implications of missing meter reads, the consumption estimation process and data entry errors. Feedback findings in a timely manner to customer services and monitor actions being taken on a monthly basis.
- Check the accuracy of the system calculated monthly unbilled accrual.
- Process Wholesaler invoices including validation of amount, gain authorisation and maintain invoice and credit logs.
- At half year and year end you will take responsibility for the investigation of negative wholesale charges.
- At each month end you will confirm to the management accountants the reported raw margin for each wholesaler.
- Provide adhoc support to the Operations and Sales team through the management accountants.
- Continuously review the settlements process to identify potential improvements and where appropriate put them in place.
- Work with the Strategy and Regulation team to monitor our performance regarding CMA obligations / regulations - understanding and preventing penalty charges and customer recharge implications
- Well defined process set up and running smoothly, in an error free way
- Accurate and timely payment of wholesale invoices
- Provide a level of certainty over wholesale charges and gross margin per customer
- Demonstrate added value by spotting opportunities or risks to retail portfolio profitability, and recommending action in a persuasive way
- Positive feedback from management team and other key interfaces
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent levels of analytical skills to understand trends and generate insight.
- Good knowledge of excel including being able to use advanced formulas such as vlookups, index-match etc.
- Experience of using large volumes of data essential
- Strong numeracy skills demonstrated in previous roles.
- Database interrogation experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail, with an inquisitive approach with the ability to recognize trends and to go further to understand the underlying causes
- Proven planning and organising skills
- Self-motivated and focussed on delivering to tight targets and timescales.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to vary style when communicating with different audiences
- Good team player with the flexibility to go the extra mile to achieve important deadlines.
What you'll get in return
You will receive the opportunity to work in a fast paced and progressive environment. You will receive a salary which is dependant on experience and qualification level. 32 days annual leave entitlement (incl banks).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.