Travel Claims Handler
£17,142 salary plus benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
What being a Travel Claims adviser involves
Learn from our extensive range of training. Benefit from our brand new systems. But most of all put your life experience to good use, helping resolve issues that mean a great deal to our customers.
When an important part of a customer's life has been compromised, it’s you they’ll speak to. It’s you who’ll handle their travel insurance claim, resolve any issues, listen out for all-important details and reassure them. It’s also you who’ll keep them up-to-date throughout the whole claim. Our training will give you guidance. Our systems will lead you through the process. But it’ll be your personality and life experience that makes all the difference.
As a Travel claims adviser, you’ll use your ear for detail to find out the full story. Then you’ll use your contacts - suppliers, investigators, colleagues - to help put things right.
This is a role where you’ll speak to a range of different people and learn new skills, as well as:
- Tackle insurance travel claims across many of our brands
- Take a methodical approach to each claim and work through it with each customer
- Keep each customer aware of progress and decide if a claim needs further investigation
Full time hours, 37.5 hour working week
The opening hours of the Claims centre are: Monday to Friday between 8am - 6pm and can include Saturday 9am - 5pm
Your actual working hours will be discussed at interview
Career benefits and rewards
Your work/life balance is really important to us. That’s why every single one of our people has the right to request work flexibly. We welcome applications for flexible working including, part time, reduced hours, variable hours, home working and job sharing. What’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.