IFA / Client Services Administrator
IFA / CLIENT SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR - Sutton Coldfield
Salary £21,000 - £24,000 + excellent benefits (ref AL726)
My client is a Wealth Management company, providing independent financial advice to families, professionals and other individuals
They now have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced financial services administrator to work within a small team to carry out pensions and investment administration for clients, to the highest standards
Main aspects of the role
- Prioritising and carrying out all pre and post sales administration on pensions and investment business to ensure optimum workflow using software including Plum, Iress, Financial Express, MSOffice and Excel.
- Preparing client review packs and financial summaries of investments for client meetings.
- Sending out and chasing client letters of authority, and chasing product providers for responses on client policy submissions, challenging timescales where necessary.
- Providing information on the company’s services to clients enquiring in any form, including promoting the company’s services to enquirers by telephone, email or in person.
- Diarising client reviews, checking forthcoming reviews and arranging client appointments.
- Providing daily progress updates within the team and weekly reports to the Managing Director and the team at workflow meetings.
- Obtaining telephone valuations and other information required for client reviews.
- Maintaining the company database and other software systems using paperless technology and the company’s document filing protocols.
- Answering enquiries via telephone, e-mail, fax and website and taking appropriate action.
- In-depth working knowledge of pensions and investments terminology, processes and legislation.
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to pick up Plum, Iress and Financial Express skills and other software systems adopted by the company.
- Excellent numeracy with the ability to undertake complex calculations on client portfolios.
- First class level of accuracy in interpreting client and company correspondence to decide on appropriate action and crosschecking information prior to submission to product providers and clients.
- Well developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get on with everyone while being strong with product providers and suppliers to get our clients the best possible service.
- Already has, or is prepared to work toward, a Certificate in Financial Planning.
- Good general level of education with an excellent standard of written and spoken English and numerical capability. 5 GCSE Grade Cs or above preferred including passes in English Language and Mathematics.
If this role is of interest, please apply in confidence, with an up to date CV, to Angela Liscombe at North Oak Recruitment or call for a discussion.