Business Development Manager
What is the job like?
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for business development in the Southern Region of the UK . The role will involve forming great relationships with our reseller customers, generating more business from current customers as well as developing new business. It will involve generating and handling new leads, demonstrating the service, the delivery of product training, helping our resellers to convert the leads to sales as well as actively assisting them to uncover further opportunities within their client base. You will be primarily field based so the role will involve travel and will require flexibility regarding working arrangements to include overnight stays where required although much of the work will be deliverable from your home office.
About Akixi Limited
Akixi is a small, dynamic and highly successful privately owned company based in modern offices near the centre of Crawley, West Sussex. It provides a web-based real-time contact centre reporting application running in a cloud computing environment. Akixi are a UK and global leader in this market. Akixi is proud to have received a number of business awards, such as the Comms Business Most Innovative Cloud-Based Product, Finalist in the Gatwick Diamond Business Awards for Best International Business and most recently Best Call Management System 2016.
This is an exciting new position created following a period of business growth and this is a brilliant opportunity to join a successful and growing team.
Management of new partner leads
- Attend business shows/events to seek new business contacts and leads
- Akixi product demonstration to new customers to assist partner sales teams in closing sales
Onboarding new customers
- Assisting with sales training of sales teams in reseller partners
- Assisting with support staff training for partners using webinars or face-to-face
- Regular reviews/calls/updates with resellers
- Attend reseller events to support them in demonstrating the Akixi product
- Management of sales incentives into resellers
Accounting and Administration
- Liaison with Akixi administration team to set up customer details and providing updates
- Managing and producing reports for key accounts
- Management of incentives for sales staff
Health and Safety
- Responsible for employing personal safe working practices
- Compliance with the Company health and safety policy and health and safety legislation
- Undertake project work as requested
- Any other duties as required
What Will The Successful Job Holder Be Like?
With excellent interpersonal skills and a proven sales track record you will be able to develop good relationships with customers and represent Akixi in a professional way. With the ability to work on your own initiative, you will be self-motivated and proactive and able to organise
and prioritise your workload and meet deadlines.
Much of the time you will be working remotely and will need to have the necessary determination and discipline to be able to do so while maintaining high levels of performance and self motivation.
Qualifications and Experience - Essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous sales and account management experience in a telecoms or related sector for a minimum of 3 years
- Good English communication skills, verbally, in writing and using collaboration tools
- Experienced user of MS Office suite
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to liaise well with others
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability
Qualifications and Experience - Desirable
- Experience of hosted platforms
- Experience of PABX platform experience
- Experience of channel sales