Job Title Process Engineer
Responsible to Operations Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide a technical support function to the Print & Lamination Departments.
Internal - The appointee will be required to build strong working relationships across all functions including the Operations team, Shift Leaders and the Quality team.
External - the appointee will be required to liaise with engineering suppliers and engineering contractors.
To provide technical support to the Print department, working closely with the CI/Engineering Manager and the Operations team.
To work alongside the Operations team to develop and document best practice for Production and to support the CI agenda and engineering activities during PPM along with supporting the daily communication process.
The role will comprise of, but will not be limited to the following objectives:
* Support the development of the other engineers in their knowledge of the Print department
* Support effective PPM schedule for equipment in the Print/Lamination departments
* Develop an escalation programme for reactive breakdowns, covering internal to external resource for all equipment within print
* Actively participate in breakdown, maintenance and improvement activity in the department
* Assess where possible new technology and equipment to improve the plant and processes
* Participate in project work on site-wide installations
* Participate in site-wide risk assessment role
Education, Qualifications & Experience
* HND in mechanical/electrical engineering or equivalent
* Minimum two (2) years work experience required in manufacturing environment.
* Health & Safety awareness
* Strong team player
* Ability to coach and develop others
* Excellent IT skills including sound knowledge of Excel and CAD
* Good communication skills (written & verbal) at all levels of the organisation
* Self motivated
Key Behavioural Traits For Success:
* Creativity & Innovation: Able to generate creative ideas to solve problems and improve work methods; independently apply professional expertise in ways that are unique or innovative; collaborate with team members to brainstorm creative approaches; rethink situations to create new opportunities or overcome obstacles.
* Flexibility & Achieving Change: Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external customers; quickly recognise situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organisational change.
* Problem Solving & Analysis: Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
* Technical/Functional Expertise: Able to demonstrate mastery of the technical/functional skills necessary for performing own job.
* Organisation & Time Management: Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects and associated tasks successfully.
* Occupational Health Safety and Environment (OHSE) Induction
* Awareness and understanding of waste management
* Awareness and Understanding of Environmental Permits
* Yearly Hygiene Refresher Training
Health & Safety Competences
* Successfully completed tool box awareness training for safe use of DSE.
* Successfully completed tool box training for Company PPE Policy
* Successfully completed tool box training for sharps policy
* Successfully completed tool box training for Fire Hazards Control and Control measures.
* Successfully completed tool box training for manual handling.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.