Regulated Sales and Distribution Risk Manager
Purpose of the role
At Yorkshire Building Society Group we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that places our customers at the heart of everything we do. As a result of this we continue to grow and strengthen our position as one of the most trusted financial services providers in the UK, with over 3 million members.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Regulated Sales & Distribution Risk Assurance Manager within the Regulated Sales and Distribution Risk team. You will ensure effective quality assurance is provided for the YBS’s regulated sales and the wider Retail Distribution network. The role will set the highest standards of quality assurance for regulated sales and Retail Distribution, whilst maintaining an appropriate balance with commercial and operational objectives. Your main responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
• Delivery of the Quality Assurance framework supporting the Group’s regulated sales and the wider Retail Distribution network.
• Delivering the "first line of defence" Risk Assurance plan, covering all aspects of the Retail Distribution network.
• Ensuring all activities provide appropriate risk management of all partnerships and third parties involved in regulated sales and the wider distribution network (principally agencies, intermediaries and insurance and investment partners).
• Seeking insight from across the industry (e.g. peers, specialist advisers, regulatory sources) as to 'best in class’ approaches to Quality Assurance and regularly benchmark Group operations to identify areas for further development.
• Ensuring the Quality Assurance Framework is 'fit for purpose’ and changes are made in line with regulatory/Group changes.
• Delivery of the Annual Assurance plan.
• Delivery of the distribution operational control checks.
• Acting as an appropriate escalation point for decisions, risks and issues within areas of accountability and escalate these where appropriate.
• Supporting 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defence risk management activities across the Group.
• Enable the personal development of all direct reports and colleagues.
• DipMAP (Diploma in Mortgage Advice and Practice) or Certificate in Advanced Mortgage Advice.
• Knowledge of quality assurance and end to end outcome testing, in a practitioner and/or risk management role.
• Experience of leading teams that provide assurance over advised mortgage sales, within a medium to large Financial Services Company.
• Demonstrable leadership experience.
• Demonstrable and exemplary relevant functional experience.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Annual Bonus scheme
• Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Subsidised staff investment and mortgage products
Yorkshire Building Society Group is an equal opportunities employer.