Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Based: Birmingham Office
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager to work for a successful national, New Build Housing contractor who also specialise in Social Housing
Management of the supply chain to enhance the trading relationship with subcontractors, manufacturers and distributors in order to nurture best practice, optimise specification I approach and lever best terms and commercial certainty.
- Manage Vendor Registration process and database of both Vendor Registered subcontractors and potential subcontractors to the business.
- Interface with the Central Procurement Department to promote compliance with
- Develop, optimise and manage specific trade specifications, trade requirements and inclusions within individual packages.
- Manage and co-ordinate the supply chain to optimise approach and detailed aspects of specifications.
- Maintenance of business allocations and input into future allocation strategy.
- Co-ordinate forward requirements with the broader supply chain.
- Collation and management of monthly Subcontractor Performance Appraisals and the summary and cascade of results to the business.
- Completion of subcontractor reviews, setting of improvement targets, 360' feedback and agreement of individual supply strategies.
- Management of supply chain improvement strategies to eliminate waste, improve efficiencies and consider technology.
- Review and maintenance of documentation in reaction to statutory changes and to promote best practice.
- Cost benchmarking and maintenance of a cost base to support tendering and procurement activity.
- Identification of additional and appropriate new supply chain partners and nurturing of their introduction.
- Act as a central point of contact for supply chain concerns and issues.
- Review and management of the procurement approach.
- Procure and manage regional supply arrangements for common subcontractor.
- Identify appropriate Subcontractors to participate in enquiries and foster adequate market support to provide confidence in the cost of works to be sublet.
- Identify additional, appropriate and local supply chain partners to provide resilience for tendering and delivery in any new geographical area growth areas.
- Resolve subcontract concerns and issues; actively engage to management the speedy resolution of any problems.
- Arrange expectation exchanges with supply chain members, providing a platform for hones 360 feedbacks and enhance working relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity and in return for your commitment you can expect to receive a generous basic salary and excellent company benefits as well as opportunities for personal and career development.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore only suitable Candidates will be contacted.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.