Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our team. The Finance Analyst will be responsible for assisting managers in making informed business decisions by analysing finance data. They will be responsible for exploiting the available data and data mining for important facts and statistics that may help to render a true picture of Metropolitan`s performance. The analyst will also assist in developing processes and designing reports to boost the business intelligence.
About the job:
- Ensure data integrity and provide timely and accurate performance and management data to support decision making for month end, forecasts, budgets, contract reviews, negotiations and tenders.
- Collect, validate, analyse and interpret finance data, working in conjunction with other departments to provide robust information for reporting, planning and option appraisal processes.
- Provide assistance and coaching to operational service colleagues to analyse and use finance information.
- Highlight instances of data integrity issues that impede effective management or analysis.
- Identify changes to the information and reporting systems required and liaise with IT services to ensure requirements are addressed.
- Prepare reports, information and analysis to ensure performance and progress is accurately reported, communicated and developed.
- Ensure that services provided maintains and enhances finances reputation in the organization.
- Establish, maintain and update records to ensure accurate recording of completed works on relevant systems.
- Ensure performance criteria are monitored and reported on.
- Develop a range of approaches and techniques to engage and involve the business
- Assist in projection of future needs of stock and associated budgetary requirements.
- Part-qualified or degree equivalent
- Work experience within a large finance team
- Proven ability to conduct detailed quantitative analysis to underpin evaluation and research across a broad range of projects.
- Well developed communication skills, able to build and sustain working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly numerate - ideally part / qualified accountant.
- Able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical approach.
- Able to present and communicate outputs effectively.
- Able to source and manage large data sets within a business intelligence or data warehouse environment.
- Able to spot trends and suggest reasons for service improvement / deterioration in order to inform internal customers.
- Strong commitment to customer service and overall service excellence.
**Shortlisting for this role will take place on 22nd March at 10am**