1) To manage, in accordance with agreed operating procedures and budgets, a high quality catering outlets operation with well trained and motivated staff able to give consistently high levels of excellent customer care.
2) To manage in accordance with agreed operating procedures and budgets and to maintain high standards of food productivity from all catering areas throughout the year.
Hours of Duty:
The minimum hours are 40 per week, because of the nature of the post a clearly defined schedule of hours cannot be given and it is expected that the post holder's hours will be agreed with the Operations Director.
Overtime is not normally paid; however some time off in lieu may be taken under previously agreed circumstances. It is a requirement of the post to work Bank and Statutory holidays.
This is a "hands on" operational role, not a Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm job. Late evening and /or weekend working will be the norm.
- Smart appearance and ability to act as a good ambassador at all times.
- To wear the company uniform and name badge at all times when on duty.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- Cleanliness, attention to detail and accuracy are paramount in this job role and must be upheld at all times.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences.
- Strong attention to food product display at food outlets.
Qualifications - Essential
Level 4 Food Safety Management Qualification or equivalent.
Relevant Experience - Essential
At least 2 year's full time experience in a related role.
Demonstrable experience of dealing with health and safety systems, policies and procedures and COSHH.
Demonstrable experience of food preparation and delivery.
Demonstrable experience of responsibility for budgetary control, GP Costings, KPI's
Demonstrable experience of IT skills and using Microsoft Office packages
Demonstrable experience of managing a large team
Relevant Experience - Desirable
Demonstrable experience of dealing with a range of internal and external customers
Demonstrable experience of buying/product procurement and negotiation.
Demonstrable retail experience within the food industry.
Demonstrable experience of working within a leisure attraction.
Skills, knowledge and abilities - Essential
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent judgement and reasoning abilities
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to take decisions and use initiative within area of responsibility
- Self motivation and innovation
- The ability to think strategically and plan ahead.
- Able to be firm but fair.
- Confidence to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Polite and friendly manner.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- Professional approach and appearance.
- Dependable, with a flexible approach.
- Catering Manager: 2 years