Accounts Director - Oxford
Our client is looking for a talented and motivated Account Director to join their Consumer and B2B divisions.
The Account Director will craft the story for our clients and strategically direct the campaign approach, managing the Account Managers and other team members to ensure success. You will lead in content creation, define the multi-channel approach and tactics needed to deliver really successful and compelling communications that cut through the noise and generate excellent ROI.
It would be your responsibility to ensure that this is the agency of choice across the whole communications arena, by leading and managing the delivery of high quality content, timely client work, realising new business opportunities, sharing best practice and developing high performing teams. The Successful candidate will work across a variety of accounts, dependent on experience, including finance, automotive, health and recruitment. Agency or in-house experience is crucial for anyone applying to this role.
Key Skills & Experience Required
* An expert understanding of the communications mix, from traditional, to online, social and paid for.
* Understand the different forms of content, not just in the written form, but also to have a deep awareness in planning creative content, from infographics to video animations.
* Ensure sector expertise across your accounts and also a general knowledge of the PR and communications industry.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the key skills your team will use on a daily basis (such as forward features, Gorkana, social media platforms and industry trends, etc.)
* Ensure a strong understanding of client revenues and budgets.
* Keep track of and manage client profitability, tracked against the client plan and initial proposals. Demonstrate an eye for detail and, more specifically, quality work.
* Ensure quality standards are being maintained in the team and that this outstanding work is highlighted to clients regularly.
* A strategic vision will be key to this role.
* As an Account Director you will need to get under the skin of your clients and write/plan their communications strategy accordingly, both for the here and now and on a longer term basis to tell the master narrative. This will also need to be communicated to all other members of the team in a way that resonates with their skill set and temperament.
Located just south of the city centre. Your Working Hours will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm with out of hours expected as needed.
Benefits include bonus scheme, health insurance, one week working holiday each summer (our Summer School), early finish during summer on Fridays.
- Bachelor's o ignored
- PR: 5 years