Established Financial Controller sought to grow and develop the existing Finance team and support the FD.
Growing, privately-owned business in the construction industry.
Due to a period of sustained growth the business needs to strengthen the finance team and upgrade its accounting and business systems to build a finance function capable of supporting the needs of a high performance growth business. To enable the department to continue contributing to the commercial success of the company a Financial Controller is required as a strong No 2 to support the FD in managing the finance team's operational functions.
- Driving improvement to the Company's financial and management accounting systems.
- Day to day management of the finance team, including coaching and encouraging CPD
- Oversee the production the relevant month end accounts through to completion in an accurate and timely manner
- Formulate Company budget & forecast and ensure business meets or betters them.
- Driving process improvements
- Provide key Management Information and analysis for the business, in order to assist with management decisions and to monitor performance.
- Liaison with external agencies, and to deputise for the Finance Director when appropriate.
- Professionally qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Previous experience of senior financial management position.
- The ability to combine strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach.
- The ability to keep focus on day-to-day performance.
- Experience of financial analysis and production of commentaries
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes, and to operate as a sounding board for colleagues
- Proven ability to coach, lead and create a high performance finance team
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals
- Strong statutory accounting and consolidation experience
up to £65,000, plus benefits