Head of Finance
Head of Finance for FTSE Listed Kent based group business. Report to the Group Financial Controller with great exposure and career prospects, and a fantastic benefits package including a Defined Benefit Pension Scheme, car allowance and bonus.
Our Client is a leading Kent based Insurance Group who are FTSE listed, and can offer strong career prospects.
The Head of Finance position is a very broad role which involves managing a small team and reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller. You will gain fantastic exposure to senior management and for the right candidate this role could act as an excellent stepping stone to your wider career.
Primarily responsible for the day to day management of the group finance function, key accountability will include:
- Overseeing the production of the Group's consolidated accounts, including;
- Annual report and accounts
- Interim statement
- Annual 5-year plan
- Annual budget
- Monthly management accounts and re forecasts
- Proactively managing the planning, budgeting and forecasting process and external audit
- Managing the financial control environment for the Group
- Keeping up to date with developments/changes in external financial reporting guidelines - particular focus on IFRS
- Actively manage and develop a team of 3
- Consistently improving processes and efficiencies
The ideal Head of Finance candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience. This experience would ideally have been gained within a listed business.
You will also have experience of working within a financial reporting function and have exposure to software such as Cognos
Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must and you will be effective in an environment where decisions are made and acted upon quickly.
The role is based in East Kent
Fantastic package on offer including
- Basic salary of up to £80,000
- Car allowance
- Bonus potential
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme which is still open to new employees