Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are currently searching for a commercial/corporate lawyer to join the in-house legal team. The role will be based at the Group’s Head Office in Nottinghamshire with some occasional travel required to the Group’s office in London. You will work closely with the other members of the legal team on day-to-day matters and report ultimately to the Head of Legal.
This is a high profile position within the Group, and as such you will be a qualified solicitor with up to 3 year's post qualification experience from a leading private practice firm or in-house legal department. Newly qualified solicitors are also encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will work with all functions across the business including marketing, retail (predominantly the customer services and facilities teams but also across Flannels, Cruise, USC and Heatons), fitness (including: and Everlast), finance, HR, IT and e-commerce.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Draft and negotiate corporate support documents, such as confidentiality agreements, offer letters, heads of terms, shareholder agreements and other ancillary documents.
- Review, draft and negotiate business-to-business contracts, including: sponsorship arrangements with brand ambassadors for Group Brands, engagement letters, manufacturing and supply agreements, IT contracts and provision of tailored supply and buy side service agreements.
- Review, draft and negotiate licensing documents, including: new agreements and amendments to existing licensing arrangements.
- Update consumer contracts, for example, gym membership terms and conditions and website terms and conditions of sale.
- Assist in responding to pre-action claims and formal litigation, which may include the negotiation and settlement of pre-action matters brought against the business and responding to small claims.
- Assist with providing advice on ad hoc queries such as operational matters, supplier relationship and data protection matters.
- Where required, instructing external advisors in the UK and abroad (mainland Europe and the USA) where a matter requires specialist advice (such as employment law or trademark enquiries), is high-value, high-risk or business critical.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in more project-focused work, such as:
- Creating and maintaining template documents for the legal team;Assisting with due diligence processes; andDevising and managing focussed internal systems and processes.
This position will suit a driven and dynamic individual with a pragmatic, "hands-on" approach. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment and will be able to use your knowledge and experience to ensure that the legal team provides high-quality support to the business. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and talented legal team.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and feel that this could be the role for you then APPLY NOW!