Trainee Mortgage Advisor
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Mortgage Advisor based in Norwich. Employment will be on a full-time, permanent basis. Basic starting salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience) and a performance related bonus of up to 50% of basic salary. Salary rises to £30,000 with proven performance.
Our client are a large and growing buy to let mortgage, commercial mortgage and bridging loan broker. They are recruiting dynamic individuals with a strong sales acumen and a keen attention to detail to join their advisor team.
They will train you in everything you need to know about the financial products you will be recommending (which includes a company funded Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice - CeMAP) and how to deliver a highly professional level of service to savvy business professionals.
This is an office based role and their service is delivered entirely by telephone and online, so to be successful you need a confident telephone manner and the ability to instil trust in the clients you work with.
You will manage relationships with several clients through the day so you must be a competent multi-tasker who has strong organisational skills and be quick and accurate on a computer. You must also have a keen attention to detail as accuracy in the work that you will be doing is vital.
Responsibilities of their Mortgage Advisors
You will be recommending buy to let mortgage, commercial mortgage and bridging loan products to UK landlords who visit their company website and enquire either online or by telephone (our client do not cold-call). You will also be responsible for:
- Handling often complex client queries on a day to day basis.
- Providing high-quality service to both internal/external clients.
- Quickly establishing rapport with internal/external clients and build lasting relationships.
- Carrying out a variety of administrative tasks related to managing your client accounts.
- Effectively communicating to internal/external clients, with the ability to negotiate with clients to facilitate a resolution (where applicable).
- Meeting sales targets and objectives as set by the Sales Manager.
- Ensuring you comply with Financial Conduct Authority rules & regulations at all times.
Knowledge and skills they require to become a Mortgage Advisor
You will need to be highly ambitious, confident and possess excellent customer service skills. Previous industry experience is not essential, however if you are not currently CeMAP qualified you must be willing to study towards this and you will be required to pass CeMAP 1, 2 and 3 within 6 months of your start date. Our client will support you through a training programme so that you have everything you need to support their customers to the highest standards; this will include helping you to obtain the full CeMAP qualification.
You will also have:
- Strong numerical & written skills
- Good computer skills, including entering data accurately and quickly
- The ability to manage workload efficiently
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- The drive & motivation to meet targets set by the Sales Manager
Benefits of becoming a Mortgage Advisor with our client
- A generous basic salary up to £30,000
- Performance related bonus of up to 50% of basic salary
- Company-funded professional training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Company contributed pension
- Private medical health care and death in service benefit
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Mortgage Advisor then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!