Teacher Of Media
Teacher Of Media
We are looking to recruit an excellent Teacher of Media to join the Media Studies department. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivational classroom teacher who enjoys teaching across KS4 & KS5 delivering both theoretical and practical content; strong Photoshop and InDesign skills would be an advantage.
Results in the Media Studies department are excellent - in 2016, 85% of students achieved a GCSE grade A*-C. At key stage 5, Media Studies A level and our vocational offering, The Cambridge Technical in Media qualification, are both popular options with 70% of pupils achieving A* – B grades at A-Level and 100% of student achieving A*-A for the Cambridge Technicals.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational candidate to join a team dedicated to maximising progress for students across the whole ability range. Age and the extent of experience are less important than innovation and the ambition to ensure that our students get the very best Media teaching.
Opportunities for professional development are wide-ranging and an added attraction for potential new staff through both our Teaching School and Multi Trust Academy School status. We believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students.
The School is a mixed comprehensive school (1500+ on roll including 300+ in the Sixth Form) that is always heavily oversubscribed and we are a truly comprehensive school dedicated to academic achievement and very high standards.
* To teach students according to their individual educational needs, including the setting and marking of work according to the school’s policies.
* To assess record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep such records as are required.
* To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
* To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy are reflected in the teaching/learning experience of students.
* To undertake a designated programme of teaching.
* To ensure a high quality of learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards.
* To prepare and update subject materials.
* To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
* To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures, and to encourage and model good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
* To undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and school procedures.
* To mark, grade and give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
Operational and Strategic Planning
* To assist in the development of appropriate syllabi, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Faculty.
* To contribute to the department’s development plan and its implementation.
* To plan and prepare courses and lessons.
* To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business