Sales Account Manager
Job title: Sales Account Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales
My client is a successful medium sized manufacturer that is looking to increase their portfolito of clients across the UK and Europe.
Position, Duties and Responsibilities:
The sales support engineer will be based at the company headquarters in Somerset and will report to the head of sales. The sales support engineer will perform multiple tasks in a flexible week, travel throughout the world when necessary (expected 25% of the time) and deliver sales routine process improvements.
Key activities include:
- Support the demands of sales projects
- Project management
- Technical sales
- Build long term relationships with our customers
- Research the market and produce executive reports
- Define, with the support of the engineering team, the best solutions for customers based on our product range
- Interact with the engineering team on the follow up of the product development, samples manufacture and final customer testing
- Support on the annual contract price review
- Preparation for project responses and price negotiations
- Management and maintenance of the project and client database (CRM)
- Help with information about new product developments and the further development of existing products
- Any other ordinary activities from the sales position
Typical time profile - 10-15% on market research; 50-60% with sales routines; 20-25% interfacing customers for sales development
The position is equipped with computers, telephone and all necessary support tools
- Minimum of 5 years technical selling support experience.
- A working knowledge of applications skills
- Project management capability is essential.
The following features and capabilities are particularly important:
- Ambitious, competitive, inquisitive, confident, articulated, diplomatic and communicative
- Consistent, structured work ("self-starter"),
- Self-confident, goal-oriented behavior.
- Flexible thinking outside the box.
If you're interested in this position please contact Tim Monaghan at Mploy Yeovil.