£16,161 - £18,430 per annum
Reading, RG30 4EX
Term time only + five days
Our client is located near to the motorway network and has excellent public transport options, providing frequent and reliable access to the school, but is a pleasant, green and open site. The teaching at this school is geared to meet the needs of the diverse community it serves, operating under inclusive and candid ethos. Prospect is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and releasing the potential of every young person in our care. Prospect is a successful 11-18 school with a strong focus on learning in all aspects of its work. There are 1350 students on roll, including 170 students in the Sixth Form. The school is at the forefront of many educational initiatives, and has a very positive attitude to change.
They are now looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join our team in Reading.
As their Finance Manager, you will work as part of our friendly and supportive office team. You will be expected to:
- Manage the school’s financial systems
- Prepare the school budget in liaison with the Business Manager
- Monitor budget progress and provide information to the Leadership team, Governors and budget holders as required
- Prepare monthly accounts for the Governing Body
- Assist in the preparation of all financial returns for to the EFA and other government agencies within deadlines
- Provide effective leadership and day to day management of the finance team to ensure the following are carried out in line with our financial regulations: operation of the monthly payroll, order processing and payment for all goods and services provided to the school, sales ledger including lettings, operation of the bank accounts and their monthly reconciliation, and financial management of the schools cashless payment system
As their Finance Manager you will work 25 hours per week, term time only (plus five days), so a flexible approach to working hours is essential.
To be considered for their Finance Manager role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Experience of budget setting and monitoring
- Experience of accrual accounting including depreciation
- Evidence of working as a member of a team
- Experience of working in an environment requiring initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to organise time , work to deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to remain impartial
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible approach in relation to work
- Possess a positive attitude to personal development and training
- Experience of working in a secondary school environment is desirable
- Knowledge of SORP accounting principles is desirable
- Knowledge of SIMS FMS is desirable
If you feel you have the skills for their Finance Manager role, please apply now!
Finance Manager, Accountant, Bookkeeper, Accounting, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant.