My client a leading solicitor in their field is recruiting for a Conveyancing Assistant for their team based in Taunton. You will be supporting the Team Leader with ongoing development in the team
This role contributes to the work of the Conveyancing Team supporting the Team Leader with general administration tasks.
Some of your duties will include:-
To provide an efficient and effective administrative service to the Conveyancing Team.
To provide assistance with administration activities for the Conveyancing Team property transactions in order to meet all set requirements and timescales. To include:
- File opening and accompanying procedures in line with compliance requirements, to include production of terms of business letters, confirmation of instruction letters, updating central records and the entering of entities and capacities on each new client/matter file.
- Amending and collating letters with enclosures in line with set deadlines, ensuring sign off as appropriate by the appropriate lawyer.
- Collating and completing due diligence to comply with Anti Money Laundering Regulations
File management to ensure compliance with our clients practices and procedures to include, for example, Lexcel, Code of Conduct, and anti-Money Laundering.
Managing routine client telephone enquiries, to ensure all required information and details are obtained to comply with file opening requirements.
To consistently meet all objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans.
All ad-hoc administration duties such as filing, scanning and photocopying.
Skills and Attributes we are looking for include:-
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Ability to achieve tasks quickly and accurately meeting the needs of the lawyers in the unit to which you have been assigned.
- Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Commitment to working within a quality standard environment.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self-awareness and self-reflection and continuous improvement.
What our client is offering in return:-
- Five weeks' annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- An excellent salary package (which is in line with other positions of this ilk)
- Additional discretionary one day as an 'office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme - limited to two transactions per year and available to staff after completion of 12 months service
- Discounted shopping via the clients Gateway
- Plus other fantastic benefits!
- My client really does believe in a work life balance and show it.
So if you are looking for this career change, then my client is looking for you. To be put forward to this forward thinking company press APPLY now and watch your life change forever!
We look forward to speaking with you - Interviews will be held locally to Taunton.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavor to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
This vacancy is being advertised by Contempo Recruitment the services advertised by those of an Employment Agency.