Cover SupervisorStart date: April 2017Location: CambridgeSalary: £15,235 for term-time only
Bond Education is working with a central Cambridge Secondary School to find an excellent Cover Supervisor/Reflection room supervisor to begin in April 2017.
The successful candidate will supervise classes across the curriculum during short-term staff absence and ensure work set out is completed in an orderly manner as well as manage supervision of the Reflection Room; ensuring students behave well and complete assignments whilst there.
Key Tasks and Activities of the role include:
- Communicating to pupils the work that has been set for their lesson
- Managing pupils` behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment
- Informing Senior Manager of non-participation and poor behaviour
- Collect cover work and timetable for the day from the cover manager
- Return completed work faculties at the end of the day
- Complete the Feedback Report on the behaviour of pupils during the class
- Attending morning briefings when appropriate
- Liaising with TAs in the classroom regarding individual students when necessary
- Ensuring that the classroom is left organised and tidy at the end of your lessons
- Supporting with the preparation of resources, classroom displays, and general organisation
This is an ideal role for someone interested in pursuing a teaching career in the future, or for someone eager to be in the classroom without the added time for planning lessons. The successful candidate must have exceptional behavioural management skills and feel confident to command different subjects and classes, with the help of a fully laid out lessons. As noted before, you will not need to be specialist in all subjects, but must possess a confident ability to deliver instructions, lesson material and in class work so that it is completed successfully by the pupils.
This role is in a central Cambridge location easily accessible by public transport, bike or car.
The position is Full Time (32.5 hours per week) Term time plus 5 training days.
We are looking to appoint quickly so please apply today!
Applicants must hold a current DBS or be willing to undergo a new check.
To apply please email your CV to