We currently require an HGV Technician on behalf of our very well established, highly regarded client. Successful applicants will have experience in heavy vehicle mechanics and will be provided with opportunities to further their career via structured manufacturer, technical training.
Key responsibilities include to
- Test vehicles and diagnose faults
- Recognise and report vehicle/component defects or symptoms of impending failure
- Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
- Complete job records
- Order replacement parts
Essential Qualities include
- Previous experience in mechanics (preferably heavy vehicle)
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) eg City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
- Driving licence (preferably HGV)
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Available for overtime
Shift pattern - 40 hour week, day shifts from 6.00am-2.30pm and 1.30pm-10.00pm, working Monday to Friday and a Saturday rota.
Salaries are competitive and vary upon skills and experience. There is also opportunity to boost earnings with regular overtime.
Benefits - sickness 30 days holiday inc bank holidays, company pension scheme and private medical on request.
To be considered for this position, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Vision Recruitment Solutions LTD are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.