Management Accountant - 12 Month FTC
Barker Munro are currently working alongside one of Kents leading employers who are looking to add a Management Accountant to join there friendly and busy team on a 12 month FTC (potential to turn to a permanent position).
- Responsible for the completion of income and reporting activities, including managing the month-end close process for income and the provision of business management information and analysis.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of income forecasts and budgets.
- Maintain key relationships with group financial and reporting teams, Divisional finance teams, MDs or MD equivalent, internal and external auditors
Principal Objectives and Responsibilities including the following; other objectives may be assigned
- Documentation of processes including broker accounting and monthly close processes;
- Incorporate controls and processes to comply with the Group Control Framework and to ensure reliability/accuracy of data;
- Assist in automation of manual processes and liaise with IT department for implementation of suggestions.
- Posting of business unit income and the Reconciliation of front end Policy Admin Systems to the GL systems
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with Group policies and deadlines;
- Preparation of financial MI in line with Group policies and deadlines;
- Preparation of forecasts and budgets;
Ensure that all businesses are applying Group accounting policies and standards and that accounting records are being appropriately maintained in accordance with Accounting IFRS and FSA regulatory requirements;
- Preparation and review of completion accounts relating to new acquisitions (as required);
- Assist in internal and external audits where necessary.
- Communicate facts clearly in own area of knowledge;
- Support ad hoc projects as they arise;
- Undertake any other task or objective as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Experience required:
Background & Experience
- Part qualified Accountant with up to 2 years of relevant accounting experience;
- Good understanding of management accounting and financial performance reporting in a group environment. Experience in period end close processes preferred, including the use of systems to facilitate the reporting process;
- Excellent Excel skills including use of pivot tables and complex formulae;
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of the principles of internal control in a financial reporting environment is desirable;
- A good awareness of insurance (particularly brokerage) business with a commercial outlook is desirable;
- Demonstrably strong communication skills, including ability to build relations across the businesses;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems;
- Self-motivated self-starter with a drive to improve processes;
- Receptive to and embraces change;
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise, multi task and meet deadlines;
- Takes ownership of tasks and challenges, seeing them through to completion.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Management Accountant - Accountancy and Finance - Kent