Commercial Associate - contracts/legal/International company
This is a rare opportunity to work for a Global company who are at the cutting edge of the industry they operate in. They have offices across the world and this role is based in their lovely Bath office. They're a non-corporate company - brilliant at what they do and they offer a good salary, good benefits (including car allowance), a collaborative culture and lovely working environment to the successful applicant.
They are looking for someone with a around 5-8 years post qualification experience in reviewing contractual terms and/or dispute resolution - if this is you please read on.
The Commercial Team is a support team which is dedicated to dealing with contractual issues and managing claims.
They offer services globally and their services include:
• Setting up Appointments
• Fee Recovery
• Reviewing contracts proposed by Clients
• Setting up sub-consultancy agreements
• Claims management and Dispute Resolution
• Procurement advice
What will I be doing in this role?
Assist the Global Commercial Director in discharging his functions including: • Aspects of management of the Commercial Team, including allocation of workload, monitoring performance, personal development;
• Ensuring the completeness of contracts including warranties, bonds, novations, joint venture agreements and associated contractual documents;
• When appropriate deputise for Commercial Director as otherwise directed.
• Lead liaison and co-ordination with other Business Services units.
• Assist with developing, and implement, systems and procedures to enhance efficiency of the Commercial Team and the company as a whole.
• Review contracts, appointments and other contractual documentation.
• Represent the company in contractual negotiations.
• Provide general ad-hoc advice and support as required.
• Organise the provision of general commercial and contractual training programmes within the company, up to Associate level.
• Assist with other training programmes
What Can I bring to the role?
• Contract drafting skills
• Commercial negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to prioritise work effectively and work under pressure.
• Ability to work as part of a team and to work and cooperate effectively with colleagues to achieve the goals of the service.
• Legally qualified or Construction Professional with 5-8 years post qualification experience in reviewing contractual terms and/or dispute resolution.
Great senior role in a world class organisation. For more information please apply. Salary to £55k plus excellent benefits.