Financial Accountant - Partnerships
As the Financial Accountant - Partnerships, you will be working under the direction of the Director of Finance, responsible for the financial management, controls and reporting of partnerships, including the Multi-Academy Trust, within Weston College Group, ensuring completion in line with statutory and local timetables.
As post-holder, you will report directly to the Director of Finance and you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a comprehensive finance and financial management service;
- Preparing monthly management accounts packs, including variance analysis, ensuring the accounts are accurate and produced to a strict timetable;
- Managing financial accounting process, including balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow forecasts and treasury analysis;
- Producing financial accounts, including commentary and in-depth analysis, and working with partners to ensure clear understanding and delivering accurate forecasting;
- Maintaining the integrity of the relevant ledger accounts, including the accurate and timely closure of balance sheet accounts, allowing consolidation within the Group’s accounts;
- Preparing interim and year-end audit files, including year-end accounts, and liaising with auditors;
- Acting as main point of contact for internal and external auditors;
- Preparing of and submitting returns in a timely manner, in accordance with the requirements of awarding bodies;
- Ensuring clear communication of budget performance to stakeholders;
- Assisting with the production of College budgets and the three year forecasts, finance record and similar returns to the funding bodies;
- Providing ad-hoc financial reports to stakeholders;
- Deputising for the Finance Director at internal and external meetings;
- Performing such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
In addition to the requirements of the post above, all members of the team are required to:
- Complete all associated organisational and administrative work;
- Participate in both internal and external staff development, as appropriate;
- Meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the College’s Health and Safety Procedure;
- Be prepared to operate on a flexible year as required. Members of the team will be expected to work out of normal working hours as required by the job;
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the grade of the appointment.
Management Spine Point 14: £50,315.00 per annum.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The standard Weston College Contract of Service for Management Spine staff applies.
Hours of attendance: Full-time, 37 hours per week.
Annual leave: 318.5 hours (43 days) per annum, inclusive of statutory bank holidays.
The College reserves the right to direct up to 10 days of your annual leave entitlement for efficiency purposes.
Weston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.