Director_media relations german speaker-financial services
DIRECTOR-MEDIA RELATIONS / PRESS -GERMAN SPEAKER
Our client, a leading global financial institution is looking for an experienced media relations professional from the financial markets (investment banking / institutional asset management / corporate finance / capital markets) to join the EMEA Communications team. You will need to speak German & English
You will play a key role in identifying opportunities to increase the profile of the organisation and provide media relations counsel to the senior management of the business. In addition, you will also have primary coverage responsibility for the organisation in German-speaking regions.
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Corporate Communications and working closely with counterparts across the globe, you will contribute to a smooth running media relations service while liaising directly with print, broadcast and financial markets journalists and industry commentators, to protect the reputation of and position the organisation.
- Write, edit and publish press releases, reports, market commentary and other media collateral
- Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of, and promote the organisation
- Work with senior management to provide strategic media relations advice concerning the timing and positioning of the organisation
- Liaise with senior broadcast, print, online and specialist journalists, working to ensuring the optimal positioning of the organisation
- Assist with ad-hoc corporate communications/internal communication activities
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of the Communications / press team.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Extensive media relations experience (current /recent) gained client or agency side or journalism experience in financial services-investment banking, institutional asset management, corporate finance, capital markets.
- Fluent in spoken and written German-essential
- Experience in financial media relations covering European or EMEA markets (to include UK market)
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proven experience of regular dealings with senior broadcast and print journalists in the financial markets/capital markets
Please send your cv to emma Jerome via the link provided
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.