£20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Are you currently working in a buying/purchasing role and are looking for the next step? Do you have experience or knowledge of the construction or manufacturing sectors? Are you keen to work with a progressive and forward thinking company that will support your career goals and aspirations?
If so then we'd like to hear from you.
Cordant People Cardiff are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to manage the procurement for our clients projects, both materials purchase and plant hire.
This is considered a development role with the aim of the job holder over time gaining the title of Buyer and gain the C.I.P.S. qualification.
Main responsibilities to include:
- Managing the procurement for projects, both materials purchase and plant hire, in conjunction with the wider purchasing strategy and specific project procurement objectives laid out.
- Developing and implementing an agreed procurement strategy for each project and then developing that strategy via regular procurement meetings with the project team, in conjunction with Purchasing Manager.
- Develop and deliver companywide negotiated agreements with supply chain for the provision of standard building materials and plant, in conjunction with Purchasing Manager.
- Meet, establish and maintain relations with external Sales Representatives of existing and potential supply chain. Vet for use as required.
- Maintain awareness of potential fluctuations in market conditions and monitor those changes and if necessary, adapt our procurement strategy to reflect those conditions.
- Aid Purchasing Assistant where necessary, with invoice querying to suppliers and dispute resolution and ensure that process is carried out in accordance with company protocol.
This role would be ideally suited to someone with excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as a good working knowledge of MS Office, and ideally knowledge of purchasing software or similar.
In addition, this role would suit someone who is process driven and keen to learn new skills. This is a new role that has opened up due to increased business and company growth.
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV today as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.