Procurement & Contracts Specialist
An outsourced solutions provider are recruiting a Procurement & Contracts Specialist. Applicants need procurement expertise and commercial acumen, coupled with the ability to build excellent relationships with customers and suppliers.
The Procurement & Contracts Specialist will be required to manage tender and sourcing requirements, from cradle-to-grave on behalf of customers. By building collaborative and partnership relationships with customers, the Procurement & Contracts Specialist will source the most suitable goods and services, to meet client requirements. This exciting, "end-to-end" commercial role, will also see the job holder work as part of a dynamic, and rapidly growing procurement department, with an appetite for best practice sourcing.
Specific duties of the Procurement & Contracts Specialist include:
1. Market intelligence, bench marking and supplier selection activities based on customer requirements
2. Supplier engagement, assessment and analysis - understand strengths, weaknesses etc.
3. Supplier negotiation, selection and on-going vendor and contract management
4. Support wider department in pursuit of cost saving targets and other procurement projects
5. Develop collaborative - 360 relationships with customers and suppliers - chair review meetings
6. Ensure mutually beneficial relationships between; business, customers and suppliers
Procurement & Contracts Specialists should meet the following criteria:
1. Strategic procurement expertise - supplier assessment, selection, negotiation, and vendor management
2. Contractual and Commercial acumen - negotiation of terms and contract management activities
3. The ability to foster excellent relationships with customers and suppliers
4. Ability to support procurement projects - cost down, vendor rationalisation, introduction of new processes etc.
5. Excellent teamwork and stakeholder engagement skills - the ability to mentor less experienced staff
This role would suit candidates working in: Procurement, Purchasing, Buying, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Management, Supplier Management, Vendor Management, Commercial Officer, Procurement Officer