Fire Alarms Technical Support Engineer - Kent
Technical Support Engineer
One of the world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of industrial fire detection products is looking to employ a Technical Support Engineer
The company undertakes design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of fire alarm systems and produces in excess of 3 million units per year. An international market leader in the manufacture of fire protection products it also produces fire extinguishing, security and cable television systems.
we believe that our customers deserve the best, both in terms of the manufactured product, but also the service we offer. We know that our people are key to our ongoing success and we recognise and value the contribution that our teams make. In return are able to offer full and rewarding careers, competitive benefits and great opportunities in a supportive and dynamic environment.
Department: Technical Support
Location: Kent (maybe some travel to other locations)
To work with customers to provide technical support and training on the installation and commissioning of our products, ensuring that this is done to the highest possible standard.
Who you’ll report to
Technical Support Section Leader
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical support to all customers via telephone and email as well as site visits (when required) ensuring a prompt and accurate resolution.
- Providing detailed product training to all customers and staff, ensuring delegates demonstrate a full and accurate understanding of products.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all technical issues within the company SAP system in order to assist the monitoring of customer satisfaction.
- Supporting the sales department on any technical matters during customer meetings, seminars, exhibitions etc.
- Maintaining an optimal level of customer satisfaction and frontline support whilst identifying specific customer needs.
- Expanding and maintaining knowledge of competitor products, updating the business of any new developments or technologies being used.
- Ensuring that all customer complaints are handled in line with the company complaints procedure and any unresolved issues are escalated to the line manager.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all sales and technical documentation is maintained whilst liaising with relevant departments for any and all updates.
- Creating written reports, following a site visit, ensuring that the cause as well as the solution are fully logged
- Maintaining and developing training material for use both internally and externally
- Logging technical service calls on company SAP system
- Performing any other duties when required in order to support the business and ensure continued growth.
Who you’ll be working with
- Internal Departments, up to Director level
- External Businesses, including suppliers, consultants and third parties
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated and have a passion to contribute to the success of the compny. In addition to this, you will possess the following:
- Essential: 5 GCSE’s (or Equivalent) including English and Maths
- Desirable: FIA Training Certificates, HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Essential: Previous experience working in the fire alarm industry and experience of fire detection systems
- Desirable: Experience in installing and/or commissioning of fire alarms and emergency lighting, a sound understanding of system design codes
Desirable: SAP Knowledge and experience
- Essential: Proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Time management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills.
- A critical thinker and active listener
- Good time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team environment