Our client is a chain of popular branded restaurants and is currently looking to recruit a Head Chef to join their team in Cardiff.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the organisation, control and efficient running of the kitchen, according to specified standards of the restaurant and department, adhering to company and statutory regulations.
- The preparation and production of all dishes as listed on the menu, meeting the established quality and presentation standard and using traditional methods of cooking & ethnic ingredients.
- To have a full operational knowledge of all recipes, standards, portion sizes, yields, presentation style of dishes produced in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of all spices and ingredients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be aware of and fully conversant with the procedures for reporting of damaged or faulty equipment within oriental section in the kitchen.
- Always comply with health and safety standards as laid down by the employers and local authorities.
- Monitoring stock control of raw materials for food preparation.
The suitable candidate must have minimum 8 years or more relevant experience of working in a similar environment/establishment and must be able to work in a team or independently using your own initiative. Suitable Education required for this position.
This Vacancy will be closed on 26th April 2017.
About Vira International:
We are a specialist International Consultancy, founded in 1970 with offices in London, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Darjeeling and Nepal.
Vira International Ltd is an OISC registered immigration firm, providing immigration advice and services to a wide range of clientele. Our client list in the UK includes reputed hotel chains, restaurants, IT and telecommunication companies, finance and leisure companies, Radio and TV channels, Educational institutes certified by QAA/BAC/Edexcel etc. For honest and expert advice call or email us.