Graduate EDS Engineer - Electrical Systems
Job Title: Graduate EDS Engineer - Electrical Systems
Availability to Interview: Immediate
Sector: Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive
JOB.Rocks Recruitment are proud to present the opportunity to join one of the UK's true pioneers of Automotive Engineering. Our partner is currently engaged in some of the most challenging and innovative automotive projects of all time. As a result of continued success & profitability for our client, we now have an exciting opportunity available for Graduate Electrical Engineer to join their vehicle design, development and engineering centre in Surrey, UK.
Your primary responsibility will be to package electrical modules and hardware as well as to design harness of automotive and/or electric vehicle systems including high and low voltage systems, mule vehicles and circuit boards in CATIA V5/V6 environment while liaising with prototype and production harness suppliers.
You will be expected to liaise with the design, development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost.
Additionally, you will support R&D activities and the development of tools and identify process/method gaps for continuous improvement of the automotive power systems.
Qualifications and experience:
- It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with placement or 1 years' experience in the automotive industry. You should have an engineering degree and have demonstrable experience working within a team environment.
- A solid understanding of vehicle development cycle is essential as well as a sound knowledge of electrical systems delivery requirements and automotive wiring harness manufacture.
- A passion & genuine interest in the Automotive industry.
In addition, the following attributes would be advantageous;
- CATIA V5 and/or V6.
- Previous work within a multidiscipline engineering team.
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Excellent problem solver, capable of thinking "outside the box".
- Quick learner with good time management skills.
- Working towards chartered status desirable.
As the role will involve interaction with our technical partners, suppliers, and clients it is expected that the candidate will be happy to travel both in the UK and Overseas.
All candidates must be able to prove eligibility to work in the EU. Contact Tom Dyson at JOB.Rocks Recruitment today for more information.