General Services Manager
Sodexo Energy and Resources has an exciting opportunity for a General Services Manager to join our Chevron team. This is an excellent opportunity for career development, managing hard and soft services across two sites in central London. This contract forms part of a global contract, giving further opportunities for personal development
The successful candidate will manage the on-site contract to the agreed standards, building strong relationships with the client while acting as the primary on-site Sodexo representative. They will lead and develop our high performing team, providing direction and expertise to promote best practices and achieve targets.Package description
Competitive salary of £42.5Kplus OTE 10% annual bonus. Other standard benefits include stakeholder pension, flexible benefits package, reward schemes and training/development opportunities.
Sodexo Discounts are available to all, promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- Ensuring that health and safety is the number one priority by leading and participating in safety initiatives and briefings relating to safety requirements throughout the contract
- Ensuring services are delivered in a profitable way and to the agreed standards while operating within the commercial and legal terms of the contract
- Drive all aspects of service excellence across the business area including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility and service standards.
- Ensuring that employees receive the necessary legislative training, on job training and career development activities through a unit training and development plan
- Managing employees using the Sodexo performance review processes, talent development and succession planning.
- Following Sodexo HR policy and guidelines to recruit, induct, motivate, manage, train and develop all employees
- Living the Sodexo values and promoting brand standards as an ambassador.
- Contributing to the business development pipeline and increasing revenue growth of the contract through integration, innovation and efficiencies within the full Sodexo portfolio.
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Achieve set standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
- Previous experience of managing services such as mailroom, AV and total facilities
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.