This growing HVAC client (part of a larger group) is seeking a Project Manager/Engineer with an industrial, engineering or manufacturing background to join their expanding team.
The role will suit someone who can do all associated project management tasks but is also hands on ready to solve any issues as they arise.
You must have HVAC and Project Management experience and a H&S qualification.
You will be responsible for the delivery of project work which includes; development of concepts, design solutions and all engineering activities and processes from design stage to commissioning and hand over.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Management and delivery of a variety of projects
- Ensuring QHSE standards are maintained
- Plan and manage in-house subcontract resources allocated to projects
- Responsibility and management of the P&L for allocated project work
- Carry out site surveys and produce detailed scope of work documentation
- Preparation of accurate & detailed cost estimates/quotations in line with client specs
- Preparation of H&S documents (method statements, risk assessments & work permits)
- Carry out due diligence checks and audits of sub contract labour
- Produce detailed works schedules, resources and projects plans
- Specification and procurement of equipment and materials for each project
- Work in full compliance with all legislation (H&S)
- Provide a good engineering practice and ensuring customer satisfaction
- All project management for each project
- Manage daily site activities ensuring projects are delivered on time & within budget
- All scheduling/create, issue and maintain timing plans
- Report progress, manage risks and respond to issues
- Ensure commissioning of equipment within required deadlines
- Compiling contract files, checking customer data and specifications
- Identifying and managing contract variations to P&L for each project
- Assist with bid proposals & contract negotiations
- Build & develop strong client relationships
- Be willing to travel throughout UK
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous experience working as a project manager/contracts engineer
• Experience of HVAC systems (advantageous)
• H&S qualification (CSCS/IOSH/SSSTS)
• Experience in process plant and manufacturing industry (advantageous)
• Understanding of mechanical building services
• Knowledge of AutoCAD design software
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook & project)
• Working for a large privately owned company
• Career progression available
• Salary c£30-£35k (negotiable dependent on experience)
• Head office based in Birmingham (you will be expected to travel
throughout the UK)
• Company car/allowance available after completion of probation period
• Company pension
• 25 days holiday
Please forward your CV immediately for consideration.
We endeavour to reply to all candidate's however due to the large number of applications this is not always possible. Please accept that if you have not heard from us within 5 working days you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest.