Compliance Manager / £48-60k + car allowance + bens
My client, a successful Construction company based in Kent, but predominantly covering work along the M4 corridor, are looking for an experienced and qualified Compliance Manager to join them on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting into the HSEQ Director, you will be responsible for ensuring company adherence to legal standards, in-house policies and third party accreditation. You will provide guidance on compliance matters through existing management systems and procedures or develop as required.
Working a 42.5 hour week, you will have a varied workload requiring significant experience in Compliance within a relevant industry.
- Duties include: Develop and oversee control systems to prevent of deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Audit, review and maintain Management Systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001) in preparation of external audits
- Audit, review and maintain other accreditations in preparations of external audits
- Co-ordinate and facilitate all external audits including preparation
- Identifies applicable externally imposed Quality standards and establishes procedures for their implementation
- Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions and alerts line management to problems
- Establishes entity Quality objectives
- Perform inspections to verify compliance
- Participates in developing corrective measures
- Report writing and maintenance
This role is extremely business critical and requires someone with the following qualifications:
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- In-depth knowledge of the latest industry's standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytic mind
- Certified lead auditor in ISO 9001
- Certified lead auditor in ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 ideal though not essential
You will be joining a successful business at a critical time with opportunity for progression for a salary of £48-60k DOE as well as car allowance and generous benefits.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply for immediate consideration.