Employment Coach DWP funded
Employment Coach (DWP funded)
£23,000 to £24,000 per annum
York area - with travel to surrounding areas
Full time and permanent
CMD recruitment are excited to be working with this National Provider to support them with the recruitment of an Employment Coach (DWP).
My client is a diverse international business which has a strong ongoing commitment to improving the economic and social wellbeing of the community through various contracts. Everyday provides an opportunity to help people regain quality of life and return to making valuable contributions to society all driven by the team of dedicated employees. This makes this employer an exciting and rewarding place to work.
About the role
The overall purpose of the Employment Coach is to support unemployed clients, through barrier identification and resolution, to enable the client to enter the employment market, undertaking effective job matching activities resulting in job outcomes and identifying sustainable employment opportunities for clients. To ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with employers, clients and other involved parties. To seek to identify areas for continuous improvement through creativity and flexibility.
- To manage a caseload of clients on a one-to-one and group basis
- To utilise a variety of means to facilitate improved employability
- To identify and coordinate a range of recruitment and selection strategies to secure employment for our clients
- To support unemployed clients in job search, job matching and sustainability of employment to include delivery of one-to-one and group training sessions
- To promote the initiative to internal and external customers through marketing activities
- To be a source of expert advice regarding employer and vacancy expectations
- To liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained
- To accurately maintain relevant IT systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures
- To monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H & S policy.
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives
The successful candidate will be an adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others, display strong motivational, customer service and organisational skills, competent in the use and purpose of technology with excellent IT skills, in possession of demonstrable lateral thinking skills, enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others and be able to work under pressure, on own initiative and constantly seek to improve.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills in addition to the relevant job description requirements:
- Persuading and influencing
- Developing others
- Time management
If this role is of interest then please contact Lesley Price for a confidential conversation.